LockTite Storage Has the Dirt on Spring Cleaning
Believe it or not, the first day of Spring is upon us! Feel the need to refresh and reboot? If so, you’re not alone. According to biology experts, the cold and dark days of winter cause us to produce more sleep hormones. As the days get longer, the desire to shake the cobwebs and put expanded energy into action often manifests itself into the urge to clean and purge! In fact, this is one of the busiest times of the year at LockTite Storage, as customers look for additional places to store and organize during their seasonal cleanup.
Here are a few more fun facts about spring cleaning.
- Cleaning for two hours burns 200 calories. Forget the treadmill!
- An average woman cleans for 12,896 hours in her lifetime, while an average man cleans for only 6,448. That’s a difference of 6,448 hours!
- The dirtiest surface in the house? No, not the toilet. It’s the kitchen sink!
- Do you know all those dust particles lying around? Well, roughly 70-80% of them are made up of dead skin cells. Yuck!
- Mouthwash can clean floors. If you run out of cleaner, add a capful of mouthwash for every gallon of water.
- Clean your silver with ketchup. Put your tarnished items in a bowl of ketchup for 5-10 minutes and let them sit, then scrub with a soft toothbrush and rinse with warm water.
- Ten square feet of carpet can contain as much as 35 ounces of dirt. That’s nearly four and a half cups of filth.
- Bananas aren’t just for eating. The peel can be used to polish silver, as well as your leather shoes.
- If you work in an office be sure to clean your phone. The typical office phone contains more than 25,000 germs per square inch.
- And finally, 34% of people who employ a cleaning service admit to tidying up before the help arrives.
If these crazy cleaning facts leave you feeling overwhelmed, never fear! Spring officially continues through June 21st. Happy organizing from LockTite Storage!