A little pre-planning will help you get the right space, ideal organization and save you some money. But, if you don’t have time for pre-planning, that’s okay too. You can move everything in to a larger unit and organize afterwards in the comfort-cooled spaces we have at LockTite.
Organize for Access
You may not think you’ll need to get to your things while your house is being built or remodeled, but it is best to have it organized in the event you do.
- Make sure you have your boxes and bins labeled on the ends or sides so you can see what is inside.
- Group items together in seasons so you can find what you need based on the time of year.
- Label items by family member for when you need to grab something for someone quickly.
- Increase to a bigger unit if you want to have space to move around, sort and organize.
- Fill your storage so you have a small walk way or path to access those items in the corner
Plan Your Space
You don’t want to pay for more space than you really need.
- If you’re storing items from your garage, patio, shop, etc… you don’t need a heated/cooled space. Consider getting a small drive up storage unit for these items.
- For things that are in your home, you’ll want to consider an interior unit and how long you’ll be storing. August heat can melt more than candles, and can ruin electronics, artwork and photos.
Save Time and Money by Planning
Plan your move in and move out.
- At LockTite, we prorate your move in, so you pay for only the days of the month that you move in, then it is a month-to-month lease. Knowing when you need to start storing will save some move in costs.
- Ask if there are any special discounts. Some units are available for a full month FREE.
- Reserve the LockTite truck or trailer in advance. The truck is free for moving in and out, you just have to pay for the gas. We have two trailers (open landscape & enclosed cargo) also available.
- Plan your move out to be at the end of the month to maximize your rental.
If you need more assistance, call LockTite Storage and ask a manager for help. We work with people in every situation imaginable to maximize their storage options, and we’d be happy to work with you on yours!